The economy is in the tank and jobs are limited—especially marketing, PR and communications jobs. Thankfully, I have been able to tap into a network of friends and colleagues that have been supportive, generous, and helpful.
People have been asking me “What are you looking for?”
One can hardly provide a smart response in 140-characters, no matter how many years they have been on Twitter.
Marketing, Communications & Public Relations – Not ‘Just a Job’
For the past 16 years, I have successfully led integrated marketing, communications and PR—traditional and digital—efforts for companies of all sizes (start-up to Fortune 500) and global reach.
This isn’t ‘just a job’ for me. It is my career and a passion that gets me up in the morning and keeps me up late at night. I have worked diligently to become a nationally recognized authority, writer and speaker on integrated marketing & communications that not only bridges traditional and digital media, but does so in a customer-centric, data-driven manner.
I also teach graduate level PR and marketing at Immaculata University, PA and Rutgers University, NJ.
Integrated Marketing & Communications—The Gift That Keeps on Giving
The economy has decimated many marketing budgets. Now, every dollar spent must do double duty, provide results and get customers to take action. A scrutinized budget also requires employees that think both strategically and tactically.
Are you worried? I’m not. You’ll be amazed what I have accomplished with so little budget.
It all starts with planning and understanding the market (that means listening to and understanding what your customers really need & want). Tactics can be cool and fun, but if they are ignored or don’t deliver they are a waste. When you see the bottom-line results of integrated marketing & communications, you’ll wonder why you ever did it differently.
What Can You Do For Me, Beth Harte? Glad You Asked.
This is just the short list. For an in-depth look at my career, review my profile and recommendations on LinkedIn.
- Strategic Planning, Execution & Measurement
- Marketing Return on Investment (ROI)
- Customer Research & Competitive Analysis
- Branding & Identity Management (Specializing in re-branding)
- Digital Marketing (Website, SEO, SEM)
- Product Development & Marketing
- Channel Development & Distribution (Domestic & International)
PR & Corporate Communications:
- Strategic Planning, Execution & Measurement
- Analyst, Media, & Blogger Relations
- Customer Relations
- Social Media
- Reputation Management
- Crisis Communications
- Advertising (Offline/Online)
- Trade Show & Event Management
Speaking of Customers…
Integrated marketing & communications is customer-centric. That means being comfortable with working with customers and really listening to what they are telling you they need to solve their challenges. Doing so allows a marketer to meet customer needs as well as corporate objectives.
A lot of companies have trusted me to work directly with their customers to grow their business and bottom-line. You can too.
What I am Looking For
I am looking to secure a position with a company located in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area that is financially stable; fiscally responsible; values marketing, communications and PR; and more importantly—respects their customers.
Depending on the company size, I would be interested in any of the following positions:
- VP or Director of Marketing
- VP or Director of Marketing Strategy
- VP or Director of Marketing & Communications
- VP or Director of Communications
- VP or Director of Public Relations (real PR, not solely media relations, publicity and getting ink)
(This list is in no particular order of ranking!)
If you are okay with virtual work, so am I (I worked virtually for Serengeti Communications and Marketing Profs). You only need to provide a laptop and phone.
You Should Hire Me Because I…
- Deliver results without wasting budget
- Provide strategies that are measurable (ROI)
- Work best when challenged (Read: Lots of fires to be put out!)
- Enjoy working with cross-functional teams
- Focus on data and analytics to tell me what’s really going on in the market or with publics and stakeholders
- Have worked with management teams and boards of directors closely
Are you in need of a strategy & results-driven VP or Director of Marketing, Communications, or PR that can bring you closer to your customers & stakeholders while delivering value to your bottom-line? Or know of a position? Let’s talk. You can reach me via:
- Cell: 610.864.0175
- Twitter: @BethHarte
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bethharte
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/bethharte
[Image source: iStock.com]