What’s a Plurkshop? Plurkshops are community driven workshops on lots of different topics. Organically fostered on the Plurk social networking community, they’ve evolved into great and insightful discussions with engaged participants on a number of topics, from social media to marketing to blogging. Created by the community, for the community, Plurkshops hopes to tap the widsom of the amazing people using Plurk.
Last week I had the honor of kicking off Plurkshop #8, Social Media: It’s the Conversation Stupid!, which was hosted by Tim Jackson (MasiGuy). The Plurkshop lasted over 1-1/2 hours as had 675 responses! Some of the topics included:
- Do brands CREATE a conversation or RESPOND to one that has already started? (served up by the servant of chaos himself, Gavin Heaton.)
- So why don’t companies want to converse?
- What are the positives of being a part of the conversation?
- And the negatives of not being involved in a conversation about your company?
- How does a company empower more people to engage in a conversation? (great question from Plurker @MikeTempleton)
The conversation ran far, wide and deep. So check out the Plurkshop and conversation for yourself…it was anything but stupid!